FAYETTEVILLE – A candlelight vigil to raise awareness for domestic violence will be held Sept. 22 at 5:30 p.m. on the steps of the Cumberland County Courthouse, 117 Dick St.
Cumberland County Family Court, the CARE Center Family Violence Program, U.S. Army Family Advocacy Program, Army Community Services, the Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office, the Fayetteville Police Department and the Hope Mills Police Department will hold the “Remember My Name” Domestic Violence Vigil in memory of the victims of domestic violence homicides. The names of victims who have died as a result of family violence over the past year in North Carolina will be read aloud at the vigil.
The vigil will also serve to highlight community resources for domestic violence victims, such as:
- Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office: Non-emergency 910-323-1500; Victim assistance 910-677-5454 or www.ccsonc.org
- Cumberland County Family Court: 910-475-3015 or www.nccourts.org/County/Cumberland/Courts/Family
- Safe-Link Domestic Violence Assistance Program: 910-475-3029, Cumberland County Courthouse Room 340, 3rd floor.
- Cumberland County District Attorney’s Office: 910-475-3010
- Fayetteville Police Department: 910-433-1529; Victim Assistance 910-433-1849 or www.bethebadge.com
- The CARE Center Family Violence Program: Crisis Line 910-677-2532 or office 910-677-2528 gy6
- Army Community Service: 910-396-8262 or http://bragg.armymwr.com/us/bragg/
- Legal Aid of North Carolina-Fayetteville Chapter: 910-483-0400 or www.legalaidnc.org/Pages/Homepage.aspx
- Rape Crisis Center Hot Line: 910-485-7273 or www.rapecrisisonline.org
- U. S. Army Family Advocacy Program: 910-322-3418 or hotline 910-584-4267
- Hope Mills Police Department: 910-425-4103