The radio stations of Beasley Fayetteville are proud to stand with the Red Cross to support the communities impacted by recent natural disasters. We encourage our community to help in fundraising and coming together.
When you give to the American Red Cross, you help our community’s most vulnerable and most needy. An average of 90 cents of every dollar the Red Cross spends is invested in delivering care and comfort to those in need. Donations are used to provide food shelter, emotional support and other assistance, as well as the vehicles, warehouses and people that make relief possible.
Back-to-back massive disasters have more than 1,800 American Red Cross volunteers working tirelessly from coast to coast right now providing food, shelter and comfort to thousands of people in need. Over the past several weeks:
- The Red Cross has provided some 37,000 total overnight stays in emergency shelters across multiple states.
- With the help of partners, we’ve served more than 260,000 meals and snacks, and distributed more than 82,000 relief items, such as comfort kits and cleaning supplies.
- Red Cross volunteers have provided more than 19,000 individual care contacts to help people with medical or disability needs, as well as emotional and spiritual support during these challenging times.
The American Red Cross is working around the clock with our partners to provide help to people struggling with the heartbreaking damage left behind by Hurricane Ida. From the Gulf Coast to the Northeast, Red Cross volunteers are there to provide support and comfort.
- Monday night, nearly 1,600 people sought refuge in 22 Red Cross and community shelters across six states including Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York.
- More than 1,300 trained Red Cross workers are currently supporting relief efforts.
- With the help of partners, the Red Cross has provided 194,000 meals and snacks, and distributed some 79,000 relief items to people in need.
- Trained Red Cross volunteers have made 5,000 contacts providing emotional support, health services and spiritual care for people who’ve been evacuated.
How to Help:
Families are struggling to cope with the devastation left behind by Ida. Every single donation will make a difference in someone’s life. To help people affected by Hurricane Ida, visit redcross.org, call 1-800-RED CROSS, or text the word IDA to 90999 to make a $10 donation.