Celebrity Dirt

The latest update in the ongoing case between Tory Lanez and Megan Thee Stallion is that Lanez has posted the $350,000 bail after being held in custody for violating Megan’s protective order and discussing any discovery of the case with any outside parties, People reports.

In a since-deleted social media post on Feb. 23, a YouTube personality known as DJ Akademiks claimed that “Tory Lanez DNA was NOT found” on the weapon allegedly used to shoot Megan in the feet, per Rolling Stone. Akademiks then made an additional tweet that said results were “inconclusive in finding TORY DNA on the gun or magazine.”

Lanez’s lawyer Shawn Holley claimed Lanez did not provide Akademiks information before the tweet in February, according to the outlet. “What (DJ Akademiks) said is that the DNA was not found on the weapon. And in fact, the swab of the gun indicates ‘inconclusive,’ that there were four contributors,” Holley reportedly said in court per People.

Back in July, Lanez was found guilty of the violation of the protective order. During Rolling Loud Miami last year where Megan was performing, Tory jumped on stage as a surprise guest during DaBaby’s set which was in violation of the court-ordered 100 yards away from the “Savage” rapper. Due to this violation, in August, his bail was increased from $190,000 to $250,000, which he was ordered to pay to remain out of jail.

An additional condition has been added to Tory Lanez’s release terms, which prohibits him from mentioning “the complaining witness in this case in any social media.” The “complaining witness” can be presumed to be the “Sweetest Pie” rapper.

A trial date has been set for September 14, 2022.