From our good friends at the Cumberland County Cooperative Extension, the schedule is out for the June Better Living Series workshops, focusing on herbs this time.
According to the Cooperative Extension, “the workshops ‘Herb Gardening’ and ‘Cooking with Herbs’ will be held at the Cooperative Extension office located at 301 E. Mountain Dr., Fayetteville. Registration for June workshops must be done in person. Online Eventbrite registration is unavailable for June. The ‘Lavender Lunch and Learn’ is a tour to Lavender Oaks Farm in Chapel Hill.”
Registration has to be in person for the June Cumberland County Cooperative Extension workshops, and can be paid via check, correct cash or money order. For registration assistance, contact Susan Johnson at 910-321-6405. Refunds are offered only if the class or tour is cancelled by Cooperative Extension staff.
June Series: Herbs
- Wednesday, June 7 from 12 noon – 2 p.m.
- Learn how to grow fresh herbs in small spaces. You will also learn how to process, dry and store herbs to have for year-round cooking. Students will leave with materials to start their own herb garden.
- Registration and the $10 registration fee are due by June 2.
Lavender Lunch & Learn
- Thursday, June 15 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- This tour will include a visit to Lavender Oaks Farm in Chapel Hill. Participants will receive instructions on growing lavender in North Carolina, the history of the farm and will visit the lavender fields for u-pick harvesting. A lavender-inspired lunch will be served. With nine varieties and 4,000 lavender plants, be prepared to be amazed. We will depart the Extension office at 9 a.m. and return at 4 p.m. Registration and the $25 fee are due by June 12. Early registration is encouraged, as space for participants is limited. Registration can be paid via check, correct cash, or money order. For registration assistance contact Susan Johnson at 910-321-6405. Refunds only if the class or tour is cancelled by Cooperative Extension staff.
Cooking with Herbs
- Wednesday, June 21 from 12 noon – 2 p.m.
- Learn how to maximize herbs and spices in the cooking process in this hands-on workshop. Participants will use herbs to season and taste focaccia dough or bread. Registration and the $12 registration fee are due by June 16. Class size limited.
For accommodation for persons with disabilities, contact Lisa Childers at 910.321.6880, no later than ten business days before the event.