The NFL Season has officially started and even though we’re awaiting the Monday Night Football game I want to go over a few games from yesterday.
- HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS – I’m a lifelong member of #CowboyNation but I’m not a “This is our year” Cowboy fan…I’m rational and logical. Sunday Night’s game against the Giants was a surprise to even me. I knew our defense was good…but damn. I’m loving it, I thought we had a Top 5 defense but I’m almost convinced we’re top 2 but not 2.
- The Falcons looked impressive in their win over the Panthers and their rookie QB Bryce Young. It might be a long season for Carolina. The tandem of rookie RB Bijan Robinson and Tyler Allgeier could possibly make some noise.
- Woe is Joe…The Bengals couldn’t get it together against the Browns with Burrow throwing for a career-low 82 years. Cleveland seems to have the Bengals number as of late and Deshaun Watson is almost looking like he used to.
- So far it looks like Colts rookie QB Anthony Richardson is the best rookie QB so far even though the Colts lost to the impressive Jaguars.
- Who would’ve thought Baker Mayfield would lead the Buccaneers into Minnesota to beat Justin Jefferson and the Vikings? Not me that’s for sure.
- The Saints and Derek Carr beat the Tennessee Titans by 1 point even though Ryan Tannehill turned the ball over 3 times. I mean a win is a win but they shouldn’t be satisfied with winning like that.
- When I said Dallas’ defense was Top 2 and not 2, the 49ers were the #2 defense I was thinking of. With reigning Defensive Player of the Year Nick Bosa the 49ers defense is top notch and they have one of, if not the most explosive offenses in the league.
- Speaking of Explosive Offenses…Tua and Tyreke Hill…Holy Sh*t!!! Tua threw for 466 yards and Tyreke had 215 yards receiving with 2 TDs. And even with that Justin Herbert and the Chargers still almost won that game.
- Does Green Bay have a new franchise QB in Jordan Love or are the Chicago Bears that bad??? Both remain to be seen.
- Philly started off really strong against the Patriots jumping out to a 16-0 lead. The problem seems to be their defense because Mac Jones brought the Pats right back and barely lost the game.
- The Rams looked very good against the Seahawks who caught teams by storm last year. With Cooper Kupp out the first 4 games Stafford may be leaning on newer players like Tutu Atwell and Puka Nacua.
Monday Night Football Tonight! Green Bay Jets…I mean the New York Jets vs. Buffalo Bills. Last year the Jets had a good team outside of the QB position so with Aaron Rodgers there now people think they’ll make a strong run. I agree but I have them losing to the Bills.